The first step in our adoption procedure is to fill out our application. Through years of experience in adopting out animals, we've found it necessary to gather this information in order to determine if the match between animal and human is a good one. We do not intend to offend anyone or invade anyone's privacy. However, our primary concern is for the animals, and this information helps us find them permanent, secure and loving homes.
* Be at least 21 years old - we make some exceptions to this rule
* Be local (we rarely do out-of-area or out-of-state adoptions)
* Own your own home or have landlord approval (and yes, we will check)
* Go through an interview (an interview goes both ways. Please ask us questions, too.)
* Have total household approval (everyone in the house needs to be ready for the new pet)
* Pay the associated adoption fee which can range from $75 - $350.
* Sign our adoption contract.
DISCLAIMER: All things being equal, adoptions are done on a first come, first serve basis. City Pet Rescue will not put any pet on "hold." And even if your application has been approved, you must meet with us in-person to finalize the adoption of your pet by signing our adoption contract and paying the adoption fee. As an independent non-profit corporation, City Pet Rescue reserves the right to turn down the application of any individual we feel does not meet our adoption standards and requirements.